Make time to unlearn & learn anew
Where to begin? The time for silence has passed, and the focus is on immediate change. As a company, it is not our place to centre ourselves in the discussion, but we do believe that we can do our part by amplifying Black voices and helping others reach pertinent information. We have put together a list of resources for updates on the Black Lives Matter movement, knowledge to gain, non-profit organizations to support and petitions to sign.
1. 13th, 2016 Ava DuVernay documentary
2. When They See Us, 2019 Ava DuVernay miniseries
3. Who Killed Malcom X?, 2020 docuseries focusing on the work of historian Abdur-Rahman Muhammad
4. Explained: The Racial Wealth Gap, 2018 docuseries, episode narrated by Samira Wiley
5. 1619, 2020 New York Times podcast
1. Justice for George Floyd
3. Justice for Breonna Taylor
4. Justice for Ahmaud Arbery
5. Justice for Regis Korchinski-Paquet
Please feel free to send us some more recommendations as you see fit. It is our collective duty to continue to listen and learn.
The BonLook team