Actress, florista, mom, dog-mom, and passionate recommendation-giver – Abigail Spencer indulges our curiosity with a Q & A that had us feeling like we were her actual BFFs.
What drew you to BonLook as a brand, and to this collection specifically?
I love that it’s a female-run company. I love that it’s French AND Canadian. I love the blue light lenses and the price points. And as for this collection, it’s just classic. A classic Betty. A Betty Classic!
How would you qualify your style? What are some of your favourite fashion items right now?
Other than my BonLook Betty’s? ;) I’m generally not a “trends” person. I’m more of a classic, stand-the-test-of-time type. But if I were to think of a Top 5: my Celine suede fringe purse, my Khaite two-tone suede fall boots, any Celine fall silk dress, my Isaac Dial turquoise and silver earrings, and my Aritzia puffer.
Do you have any favourite work-from-home looks?
I kinda fell into the kooky art teacher look this year. I have a Heidi Merrick obsession, particularly her silk drop crotch pants and fluid tops. I also like an at-home California chic look. Or a nice athleisure look, like a cashmere sweatsuit for the changing season – “Am I working? Or working out?” Nobody knows.
What are your pet projects these days? What upcoming projects are you most excited about?
Well. My actual pet, a maltipoo-terrier rescue pup named Lucky. And also, my new mobile Florista service County Line Florals. I have some other acting/producing projects coming in 2021, but I’m not at liberty to say yet :).
What are some of your favourite at-home family activities these days?
Dancing in the kitchen with my son. Zoom Pilates with Jessica McTighe, and FORWARD Space’s at-home dance parties. Plus, backyard dinners 😷. And of course: florista-ing.
What are your favourite neighbourhood takeout or delivery restaurants?
The original Katsuya. It’s near my home and it’s the best. Flavor of India. And for home cooked-esque catering meals: Haute Chefs.
What have you been listening to on repeat lately?
Fleet Foxes’ new album Shore.
If you were to recommend recent reads or favourite shows, what would they be?
- The Queen’s Gambit, The Vow, Pen15, and Reprisal ;).
- I watched Emily in Paris in one night – holy eye cotton candy! Paris, Lily, the fashion: oh my!
- Also, did you see how Grey’s Anatomy broke the internet?
- I’m watching Songland and Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist with my son. He also recently discovered How I Met Your Mother, Brooklyn 99 and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
- I’m grateful people are finally finding Rectify, too. Watch that! I want the whole world to see it.
- I’m also reading Ray Dalio’s Principles, Kim Scott’s Radical Candor, Pema Chödrön’s When Things Fall Apart (on repeat), and Glennon Doyle’s Untamed.
Shop our Betty collection in collaboration with Abigail Spencer right here.